So far Haynes is nothing but sweet sugar and snuggles. He would honestly sleep on me all day long if I let him (sometimes I do :) ). Everyone has told me boys are more snugly, and I agree.
Lane is handling life with "brother"/"Tree"/"Haynes" well. Those are the various names she has for her little brother. She is very gentle and sweet, and seems to "get" it. Everyone has asked how she's doing, and so far I can say that things are great. I feel like I'm double timing it at home, but thank goodness for nap times, and wonderful people feeding us. I might cry when my meal schedule comes to an end.
Haynes scored a 8 then 9 on his Apgar test, and a 7 on his jaundice test, so we are very blessed with a healthy little boy. He was back to his birth weight and then some at his two week doctor appointment, so we are happy to report he's not starving like his sister orginally did ;)The only time a brain tumor comes in handy is pumping breastmilk. I have a serious supply! I started nursing and found out that was not working out well...mainly because I would sit there and nurse for 45 minutes, to then have to still pump afterwards. So, once again I am exclusively pumping. This time around I don't have to build up my supply though, so I was pumping only three times a day and averaging around 35 ounces of milk, but I've backed it down to only two times a day now with 24 ounces of milk. My doc and dad doc only advise me pumping till 6 weeks though (the major downside to a brain tumor...to have a major supply and not be able to use it just kills me)! I go see my endo doc on August 6th to talk over the issue though, so who knows. Please pray over that one.
Things that are really different the second time around are...the labor, it's seems to be a common thing with everyone...it's much easier this round. It's also funny how you look back and wonder how you ever thought the true infant stage was hard at all. I really do remember thinking it was SO HARD when I was in that phase with Lane, but gosh, the second time around it makes me wonder what the heck I did all day. They seriously sleep so much. Balancing two kiddos is a lot of work, and I feel like poor Lane has been on a little bit of houe arrest lately, but once Haynes is a bit bigger I think this fall will be fun. I can see him chilling while we hit up the park and get back into our groove a bit.
Luke has been wonderful! I must admit I think he ROCKS the baby phase...he's never told me it's a favorite phase of his, but he is SO good with really little kiddos. I seriously do not think I changed one diaper the entire first week of Haynes life. The only part that Luke really struggles with is interrupted sleep, poor guy just struggles so much with that, so in another week we'll slide Haynes into his nursery.
Lastly, before I put up all the fun photos...I must give a shout out to my wonderful mom. She came and stayed a week with us, and seriously did every night feeding, even at one point moved him into her room to let Luke and I rest a couple of nights without even hearing a baby cry. I mean, words cannot express how wonderful she was. She cooked, cleaned, and just frankly made life amazing. So, thank you mom for EVERYTHING!!!
So, we have the sweetest video of Lane meeting her brother for the first time, but they said my file is way to large, so maybe I'll copy the original then with the other one I can trim it down to fit in here. It's just SO sweet, so maybe stay tuned for that.
We love you Haynes Wesley Dorman!
| It looks like his chest is caved in here, but it's just those man boobs from breastmilk :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment